At Canberra Granny Flat Builders, our guarantee of workmanship goes without saying. Hence, we also took the time to provide you our guarantees of price, time, safety, quality and communication. We believe that these guarantees provide you, the customer, certainty and assurance long after our initial agreement to work together.
Our Price Guarantee:
The price written is the price that you pay. Unlike many builders whose business model is built around providing an opening price with the intent of dramatically increasing it with variations and initial project omissions, we aim to be transparent and provide a total, turnkey price up front.
The only time the project price will change from the original HIA agreement, is if the customer requests a substantial project change.
Our Time Guarantee:
Canberra Granny Flat Builders will complete your project on time, every time.
Once we receive government approvals, we guarantee to finish your project within the timeline outlined in our signed HIA agreement. If we don't meet our time commitment we will pay you $250 per day, or pay for a 5-star room until the project is complete.
Our time guarantee is subject to:
• Changes to the project – if you alter the project in a way that impacts the timeline.
• Acts of God or unforeseen events – if the weather or an unforeseen event affects the project. If any of these events occur, we will notify you of the expected time delay.
• Access to the site – for example, if a tenant restricts our access to building your investment property.
• This is to be read in conjunction with your HIA Agreement.
Our Safety Guarantee:
Safety of our staff, sub-contractors, customers and the general public is of the highest importance to our business. That’s why we will ensure that;
• All our staff, tradesmen and sub-contractors are fully insured and licensed.
• We would not and will not allow any work or business practices that endangers the well-being of anyone associated with our projects.
• All work actives will meet and/or exceed the Government Legislation and industry codes of practice (We are members of the HIA and MBA - ACT) as it relates to residential construction in the ACT.
• We build all our customer projects on-site with locally-based and licensed tradesmen, and ensure they are compliant with the applicable ACT laws.
• All components and inclusions are of the highest standard and meet the relevant Australian Standards.
Our Quality Guarantee:
At Canberra Granny Flat Builders, it’s our mission to create a world class project that increases the value of your property above the investment in that project. To do that we must use the very best materials, inclusions and tradespeople.
We have developed our detailed inclusion list and style guide to provide our customers with choice and range from among the highest quality options. Our detailed written proposals outline exactly what is included in your project.
To ensure that you are totally satisfied with what we create and build for you, you will not be required to pay the final instalment until you have walked through the project with the builder and are entirely satisfied with the end result.
Our Communication guarantee:
We know that the cornerstone of a successful project is clear and transparent communication at every stage. When the building starts, you won’t be left in the dark regarding the progress.
Any time we don’t meet our commitment, we will take $500 off the price of the project.
Any changes made to your project will be in writing.
Before the first sod is turned and your project begins, you will know exactly what the time frames are for the completion of each stage. There will be times when things move fast, and there will be the inevitable delays, but you will always know what is going on and why.
You can ask to meet with us at any stage of the project. As we spend most of our time building and working with clients, we can't always get to our mobile phones. If you call us on 1300 979 658 Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm, we will take your contact details and the relevant team member will get back to you within 24-48 hours. Our email email@example.com is checked daily during the week, but not on weekends.
Our Rental Guarantee:
A Class 1 structure can be legally rented out to a tenant.
The majority of our Designs form part of our range of guaranteed rental returns.
Before we can provide our rental guarantee, we will need to inspect your property and apply the relevant ACT legislation.
Utilise our free planning assessment process to find out which classification of design (Class 10, Class 1) we can legally build on your property.